Give the Gift of You
Holidays don’t come easy for many and it seems as if Christmas is the hardest one of them all.
Prefer Audio Listen HERE
This could be due to the time of year as in the last month of the year. We often reflect on:
· How our family treated us and the family that left us during the course of the year.
· The multitude of acquaintances we have but so few real friends.
· A job that works us to the bone yet does not reward us with joy or financial gain.
· Your bank account never retains enough money to do all the things you want to do.
· The gravity which so many want to share with you when all you want is to be left alone.
· Gifts you envision to give that will never transpire simply because they are beyond your reach.
Beating the so-called “Holiday Blues” can be tough. Each person has their own way of dealing with anyone of the various reasons for which it has touched them. It can be a very lonely path. Quite often it can be a path of choice.
But chances are it can also be a sign of defeat.
· Why bother no one cares anyway.
· I’m not happy so why should I bring everyone else down with me.
· I don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me.
· I’ll get by with a smile and a hug and no one will know.
· I’m so angry what did I do that was so wrong to deserve this life.
· I’m just tired of being what everyone wants instead of who I am.
They say it often “life is a gift – don’t waste it” and in some instances this is true. But the real gift is you.
It is that one magical time of the year when all is forgiven and everyone wants to be happy. This could mean they will or will not include you in the many activities that transpire during the holiday month. What you want to concentrate on is what you are included in and embrace it for whatever it may be worth.
Laugh a lot, and take in as many hugs as you can. Did you know that laughter can actually improve your health? It helps to relieve physical tension and stress and can relax your muscles up to 45 minutes. Laughter boosts your immune system too. Hugs are extremely effective at relieving loneliness, depression, anxiety and anger. They will instantly boost your oxytocin levels lowering your blood pressure and reduce the stress hormone inside of all of us.
So as this season of holiday cheer is about to go into full swing accept the invitations you have been regretting.
Oh, but what about the gift-giving segment of this holiday season.
Yeah, that can be a tough one, but the most important thing is, to be honest, don’t add to regret to your budget. Having nothing to give but yourself, your time, your companionship, your smile, your laughter, and a hug can, in fact, be the greatest gift of all.
After all, with a smile, a laugh, and a hug one size does fit all and there is no worry about not getting the right thing in the right colour for the right price.
Make this holiday season about the gift of you for everyone you encounter. Happy Holidays!
Care to comment or have questions – feel free to reach out and contact me.